Thursday, September 18, 2008

Day Four: One Pound Lost

I am feeling a bit more energetic...the first two days I felt really tired on this diet. So did my husband. For whatever reason, it seems like there is a period of adjustment.

I was very happy on Day 3 to see that I was down a pound and I maintained that loss today, so something is working! Of course, I've lost this same pound several times over during the past 6 weeks, but I feel confident that I'll continue downward as I stick to this plan.

It is definitely getting easier. And my salads are starting to taste even better. It's amazing how one's tastes change. I've been buying these brown mushrooms from Costco and they are so delicious! I actually look forward to eating them with my salad every day!

For dinner last night, we had tacos with refried beans and sauteed (with PAM and a bit of water) peppers, onions, zucchini and mushrooms seasoned with a few shakes of Taco Seasoning--kinda like fajitas. I can see that limiting my grains or starchy vegetables to one serving a day is going to be very helpful. I also try to make sure that I go to bed with a fairly empty stomach.

This afternoon I was watching a pre-recorded episode of What Not to Wear while I was munching away on my salad. This particular woman had lost 20 lbs and was still wearing baggy clothes. What a transformation! It was fun seeing her so happy in her new smaller sizes, and frankly it gave me additional motivation to stick with my Six Week eating plan.

No comments: